- How the arts can help you get into e-learning A career advice article.
- New skills for writers Why writers should look at 'transmedia' storytelling.
- Introduction to Chili Peppers (mini-course) I created this in Oppia, a tool to create educational “explorations” that had just been released in beta at the time.
- TV White Spaces for Education (wiki) How white space technology can help people in rural parts of the world access the internet.
A selection of my public-facing content:
- @BBCArchive: Bringing a personality to social media
- Easter Rising: Factual storytelling in virtual reality and 360 video: BBC Click’s innovative storytelling
- Set-designing CBeebies’ Furchester Hotel and What is a puppet wrangler?
- Interactive Shakespeare archives, Shakespeare Street: Making the most of a local radio audience, and Shakespeare: Broadcasting live online for Shakespeare season
- Live Q&As with Mark Devenport (NI), Robin Moore (Wales) and Anthony Browne (Scotland) for Academy on the Road events
Examples of papers I wrote for my M.S. Educational Technology program:
- How to Define “Successful” Workplace E-learning? (literature review) This paper looks at the problems researchers have had in establishing a widely-accepted definition of “success” in workplace e-learning. It discusses proposed models that could help organizations assess their success and establish an industry standard for evaluating workplace online learning programs.
- Online Learning in the Workplace: Considerations for Instructional Designers This paper looks at the theories of distance learning and connectivism as particularly relevant to workplace e-learning designers.